Clues Two and Three



So, we were sitting around drinking one night about a week or so after they'd received the first clue.

The hardest part about this entire endeavor was NOT TELLING THE GIRLS OUTRIGHT WHAT WE'D DONE.

We thought the impact would be greater if they simply discovered there's a new house.


And speaking of that, Rick came up with the perfect return address name...
There's a new house
Theresa Newhaus

BRILLIANT !

I came up with 100 Acre Woods (a literary reference) - that's where Pooh lives.

147 is an inside joke.

The picture of the fish is a crappie.

The row of houses, one of which has a rainbow flag - means that's the "Out" house.

And we all laughed and joked and came up with the other scatological references.

Honey Pot is, in some circles, a chamber pot.

Sphincter Pass - DUH, Turtlehead - EW !

Ahhh, good times. We thought these BLATANT clues would for certain this push them over to sudden revelation.


WE MAILED THEM OFF AND WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED. NO RESPONSE. I BEGAN TO WORRY THAT I DIDN'T PUT A STAMP ON THE ENVELOPES AND MIKE SAID "WELL THEY'D BE RETURNED BY THE POSTAL SERVICE, THEN." TO WHICH I REPLIED, "YEAH, TO THERESA NEWHAUS AND HONEY POTT."

OH YEAH.

SO WE DIDN'T GET A RESPONSE, WHAT WERE THEY DOING? THIS IS WHAT T SAYS...


Frankly I was stumped. A little Googling helped me discover that Bess Tudor was Elizabeth and I understood that the cards were a royal straight flush. But again those 2 pieces of info did not trigger anything in my noggin.

The next 2 mailings, the house with the rainbow flag and the fish card didn't create any ah ha moments either.

However we did plan a response. S and I ravaged K's card and craft collection one girlie night and started making up random cryptic responses. We thought perhaps these were clues to a letterbox so we started making up clues to non-existent letterboxes and basically mocking your mailings.

I do have one horrible moment that I find humbling:

Last week I was working on making up return addresses for the mystery mail we planned on sending you. I, like you, decided to find humorous town names and use the real state and zip code. One of the ones I came up with was:

Theresa Echoinere
2 Many Hardrides
Deep Gap NC 28618

I thought I was so clever because Theresa also spells out "There's a."
I think I stole this from your card. But I didn't do it consciously, I thought I figured it out on my own and was patting myself on the back.

It never occurred to me that I had seen the same word used in the same way on your mail. Can anyone say dipshit!


OKAY, SO NOW THE GIRLS ARE PLOTTING AGAINST US, BUT WE'RE SITTING IN RELATIVE (BUT FITFUL) SILENCE WAITING FOR THEM TO E-MAIL US THAT THEY GOT MORE CLUES! NOTHING! HOW FRUSTRATING.

WE (THE BOYS) FOUGHT AMONGST OURSELVES, VICIOUS ALCOHOL INDUCED SLAPFIGHTS, CONSIDERED DRUNK-DIALING, AND FINALLY DECIDED TO SEND JUST ONE MORE CLUE.

THIS TIME IT WAS RICK'S BABY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.